A great part of the Happy Hippies collection is made by hand. The opening of our new store building gives us the opportunity to expand our studio and have the possibility to give you the chance to learn how to make your own piece of jewelry by hand.
From now on it is possible to follow a 10-week metalsmith course in our location at Halstraat 9 in the center of Breda city. The first floor of our beautiful building is completely decorated as a metalsmith studio. For each 2,5 hour lesson we’ll have room for around 10 people there. So are you interested in making your own piece of jewelry by hand? Read on and subscribe yourself to our metalsmith course.
What are you going to learn?
During this metalsmith course by Happy Hippies in Breda you’ll work on making your own piece of jewelry by hand in precious metal. Everything will be made by hand. Off course everything you’ll make is your property. Together with a group you’ll walk through at least the following steps:
- Stone explanation and picking your own stone to be used
- Explanation about sterling silver as a material and the use of this material. We’ll explain our gold plating service as well. It’s possible to use this, if you prefer to wear gold pieces.
- Making your own ring design based on the stone chosen
- Making the ring wire in the size needed (measuring, sawing, filing, bending, soldering, sanding)
- Marking it with the .925 stamp
- Making the bezel setting (measuring, sawing, filing, bending, soldering, sanding)
- Attaching the bezel to the ring wire
- Finishing the ring and polishing the product
- Setting the stone
- Working on a new challenge
What do you need?
Before taking part of the course it is recommended to carry a tool box, note book and pen. Other materials such as silver, stones, files, saws and more are available for purchase at the studio, or can be brought. These are your own tools during the course. We offer a handy starting toolkit as well with small tools you need for the course. Other tools and machines needed are available in our studio.
What are the costs?
The course will take 10-weeks. Every week you’ll have one lesson which takes 2,5 hours. The total costs (excluding material) are €250,- to be paid before starting the course. The starting toolkit costs €30,-. After 10 weeks it’s possible to take part in an extended course.
When will the course take place?
At this moment we have planned our courses at the following dates and times:
Wednesday evenening from 19.00 until 21.30 o’clock
Thursday morning from 10.00 until 12.30 o’clock
Thursday evening from 19.00 until 21.30 o’clock
If you are not available at these days or times, please use the application form to fill in your availability. When we have gathered enough applications for different dates and times, we’ll start then as well.
Interested? Use below form to subscribe to the metalsmith course by Happy Hippies. We’ll contact you as soon as possible to make your application complete.